This extension project addresses three key transport objectives for the Île-de-France region:
- Find a sustainable solution for reducing the saturation of the M13
- Strengthen the connections and transfer points between various transport modes.
- Serve existing and future districts, notably the Clichy-Batignolles sector, and the Clichy-la-Garenne and Docks de Saint-Ouen joint development zone (ZAC).
Départements 75, 92, and 93
- Connections with Lines J, L and R // // // numerous bus lines //
- Future connections with // // // Orlyval, TCSP sénia Orly //
- Metro trains will run every 85 seconds
- 40 km/h commercial speed, compared to an average of 25 km/h for a conventional metro.
- 96,000 residents and 72,000 local employees
With four new stations serving Paris (17th arrondissement), Clichy-la-Garenne and Saint-Ouen, the M14 extension will reduce the saturation of traffic on the M13, which is particularly heavy north of Saint-Lazare. Ultimately, this will mean about 20% fewer passengers on the M13.
The first phase of the Grand Paris Express automated metro, the M14 extension from Saint Lazare to Mairie de Saint-Ouen is one of numerous projects to modernise and develop the public transport network in the Île-de-France region. The goal is to make public transport simpler, faster, more reliable and pleasant. The fully automated M14 trains will run every 85 seconds during peak hours.
Easy access to the major multimodal transport hubs: for people living and working in Paris (17th arrondissement), Clichy-la-Garenne, or Saint-Ouen, the extension will make it easier and faster to go to Saint-Lazare, Châtelet and Gare de Lyon..
- 4 October 2012: declaration of public utility
- 2013-2015: rerouting of utilities and underground networks
- 2014-2018: civil engineering and construction work; construction of the stations, maintenance and garage site, and technical structures
- 2015-2018: tunnel construction
- 2016-2019: installation of rail equipment
- 2018-2019: furnishing of stations, tunnel and maintenance and garage site
- 2019-2020: testing and trial runs without passengers
- Summer 2020: start-up of service
Île-de-France Mobilités and RATP are the project’s joint contracting authorities.
Île-de-France Mobilités, the transport organising authority for the Île-de-France region, oversees compliance with the programme, calendar and budget throughout the project.
Project costs and financing
The cost of the M14 extension to Mairie de Saint-Ouen is estimated at 1.38 bn€ (January 2012 value).
Pour en savoir plus sur le projet : http://www.prolongerligne14-mairie-saint-ouen.fr/
- Lettre d'information aux riverains pour les travaux préparatoires
- Lettre d'information aux riverains Mars 2014
- Dépliant générique Mai 2014
- Arrêté de Déclaration d'Utilité Publique du prolongement de la ligne M14
• Download the leaflet on the project [This content is not available in English]