The M4 southern extension is part of efforts to improve public transport services in the inner suburbs of the Greater Paris region.
- Département 92
- Connection with the future M15
- Trains will run every 1 minute and 45 seconds, during peak hours.
- Easier, direct access to Paris from the cities of Montrouge and Bagneux.
- Easier connections with all RER lines, tramway T3a and virtually all of the metro lines. Ultimately, the M4 will connect with the future M15 of the Grand Paris Express, at the Bagneux station.
- The extension will also provide improved accessibility for persons with reduced mobility (escalators and elevators).
- October 2011: pre-project draft designs approved by the STIF board of directors
- January-February 2012: new public hearings
- December 2012: declaration of public utility
- Mi-2015: construction work begins
- By mid-2021: start-up of service
STIF (transport organising authority for the Île-de-France region): as the entire project’s supervisor, STIF oversees compliance with the programme, as well as the calendar and costs.
Project costs and financing
The cost of the project is estimated at 380m € (2011 value).
The French State, the Île-de-France Regional Council and the Hauts-de-Seine General Council are participating in project financing as follows:
• Hauts-de-Seine General Council: 14.3%
• French State: 25.7%
• Île-de-France Regional Council: 60%.
Pour en savoir plus sur le projet : http://www.prolongement-m4.fr/
Les documents à télécharger :
- M4 - fiches descriptives
- Flash info 12 août 2015
- Communiqué de presse juillet 2015
- Flash info 29 juillet 2015
- Journal décembre 2015
- Journal juin 2015
• Download the leaflet on the project [This content is not available in English]