- You like to be involved in projects from A to Z
- You want to contribute to sustainable development
Engineering at the RATP
RATP puts its engineering expertise to work on behalf of major projects in France and for international subsidiaries: modernisation and extension of public transport infrastructure, equipment, transport systems, and spaces for RER, metro, tramway and bus networks.
RATP Engineering recruits in 4 broad categories:
- Transport systems engineering: you manage projects from contracting authority to prime contractor (equipment design and transport automation: metros, buses, tramways, train traction, etc.).
- Information technology and telecoms engineering: you build and operate our proprietary telecom networks.
- Construction and civil engineering: you conduct extension and modernisation projects for urban transport networks in France and abroad, as well as projects to develop urban eco-mobility in passenger areas.
- Maintenance engineering: you organise and manage maintenance activities and interventions for one or more departments with the aim of enhancing the reliability of production tools and transport methods in compliance with safety, health, and environmental standards, while respecting productivity and quality requirements.
By joining our company, you are choosing to build your professional career within a Group that ranks among the world leaders in public transport. More than a profession, we offer you the opportunity to rapidly assume responsibilities and/or to develop your management skills.
Spotlight on the construction and civil engineering
In the context of the development of urban eco-mobility, you conduct extension and modernisation projects for urban transport networks and passenger spaces. You design innovative structures that meet high-quality environmental standards, you study technical processes, construction methods, and costs. You conduct building design studies and conduct the technical and economic monitoring of construction sites. In the context of your responsibilities, you lead project meetings and keep the contracting authority informed.
To respond to the challenges of sustainable development, our engineers design innovative structures that meet high-quality environmental standards.
We propose a comprehensive offer, from contracting authority (MOA) to prime contractor (MOE):
- Upstream research: general research on infrastructure, expertise in architecture and urbanism, geotechnical studies and calculations;
- Design and realisation: contracting authority assistance (AMOA), prime contracting (MOE), site supervision;
- Commissioning of structures: delivery, technical audits, safety documentation.
Do you enjoy designing eco-friendly buildings?
Come help us meet our five big challenges:
- Implementing line extension projects in the Ile-de-France region: creation and extension of metro and tramway lines and dedicated bus lanes;
- Organising heavy operations while limiting the impact on operating staff and passenger service;
- Making eco-design a pillar of our engineering performance;
- Making our networks accessible to all, by redeveloping a dozen multimodal hubs each year;
- Creating transfer hubs and living spaces in our stations.