- You enjoy technical challenges
- You want to develop your career in a cutting-edge group
Engineering at the RATP
RATP puts its engineering expertise to work on behalf of major projects in France and for international subsidiaries: modernisation and extension of public transport infrastructure, equipment, transport systems, and spaces for RER, metro, tramway and bus networks.
RATP Engineering recruits in 4 broad categories:
- Transport systems engineering: you manage projects from contracting authority to prime contractor (equipment design and transport automation: metros, buses, tramways, train traction, etc.).
- Information technology and telecoms engineering: you build and operate our proprietary telecom networks.
- Construction and civil engineering: you conduct extension and modernisation projects for urban transport networks in France and abroad, as well as projects to develop urban eco-mobility in passenger areas.
- Maintenance engineering: you organise and manage maintenance activities and interventions for one or more departments with the aim of enhancing the reliability of production tools and transport methods in compliance with safety, health, and environmental standards, while respecting productivity and quality requirements.
By joining our company, you are choosing to build your professional career within a Group that ranks among the world leaders in public transport. More than a profession, we offer you the opportunity to rapidly assume responsibilities and/or to develop your management skills.
Spotlight on the information technology and telecoms engineering
From the building of information systems to their operation, you work on projects that are at the cutting edge of technology.
Our IT and telecoms engineers develop innovative applications and optimise the functioning of our information systems. If you are passionate about information systems and telecoms, then we have a number of applications that will interest you!
By joining our team, you can work on numerous applications:
- Our internal information systems: procurement, accounting, management, human resources;
- Our passenger information systems: sales, client management, real-time traffic and scheduling information, passenger safety;
- Our specific information systems: on-board services in trains, traffic regulation applications, maintenance management applications.
Come help us meet our five big challenges:
- Inventing the mobility of tomorrow;
- Streamlining our information systems, to constantly improve our economic performance;
- Designing environmentally-friendly apps, by improving the energy efficiency of our IT facilities and by promoting green technology (Green IT);
- Participating in the implementation of innovative passenger information systems: Flashcode, BlueEyes (a Bluetooth-based navigation tool for the visually impaired), and our 3,000 IMAGE traffic information displays;
- Testing promising technology that uses bank cards and mobile phones.
One of our particularities is that we build and operate our own proprietary telecoms networks.